This ad is expired.
- Assistant Professor of Applied Mathematics/Statistics -Only APPLY: http://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/CSULB
- Go to our website »
Assistant Professor of Applied Mathematics/Statistics -Only APPLY: http://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/CSULB
Job No: 520477
Work Type: Instructional Faculty - Tenured/Tenure-Track
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Faculty - Mathematics/Statistics, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time
Position: Assistant Professor Applied Mathematics/Statistics APPLY: http://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/CSULB
Effective Date: August 17, 2023 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin December 7, 2022. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled). APPLY: http://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/CSULB
College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
As a department on a campus that serves a very diverse body of students, the Department of Mathematics and Statistics welcomes applications from tenure-line candidates who, through previous experience supporting diverse students or their own lived experience with marginalized identities, will be committed to the successful teaching and mentoring of all students.
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related discipline. Degree at the time of application, or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2023.
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring students from underrepresented and underserved populations in STEM
- Ability to teach computational mathematics or statistics courses at both graduate and undergraduate levels
- Demonstrated potential to establish an ongoing research program in applied mathematics or statistics
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to increasing the participation of underrepresented students in STEM through teaching and mentoring
- Successful teaching experience at the college level
- Research experience and a record of publications and/or interdisciplinary or industrial collaboration in Applied Probability, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, High-Performance Computing, Machine Learning, Optimization, or a related field
- Fluency with programming languages and experience incorporating programming into teaching and research
- Successful academic or industrial research experience at the post-doctoral level
- Demonstrated potential for developing/maintaining an externally funded research program
- Experience or demonstrated potential for integrating undergraduate and graduate students in research projects
- Experience of successfully working with populations demographically and socioeconomically similar to the CSULB student body
- Teach and develop undergraduate and graduate applied mathematics/statistics courses, including computational mathematics courses. (Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof. In 2023-24, the department anticipates that the normal mode of instruction will be face-to-face.)
- Develop and maintain a research program which leads to publications in refereed journals
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students (e.g., academic advising, scholarly projects)
- Participate in departmental activities and initiatives
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
About Our Department
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics comprises 40 tenured/tenure-track faculty members across four disciplinary groups (pure, applied, statistics, mathematics education) who take pride in teaching at a university that ranks near the top for number of bachelor's degrees awarded to students from historically marginalized groups. We are actively involved with community outreach through our training and placement of future teachers, coaching teams of high-schoolers for mathematics contest ARML, organizing our very own Math Day at the Beach for high-schoolers, and other activities.
Department faculty members work closely, productively, and collegially with departmental colleagues on innovative curriculum development, research, and advising. Faculty teach mathematics, statistics, and math education courses for undergraduate majors, graduate students, and broader audiences. Faculty members provide mentorship to new hires in research, pursuit of grants, teaching, service, and general adjustments to life as a faculty member. The Department seeks an applicant to expand our curriculum offering and collaborate with current faculty in Applied Probability, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, High-Performance Computing, Machine Learning, Optimization, or related areas.
Long Beach is a vibrant, diverse community with beaches, walkable neighborhoods, proximity to world class museums, a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities, and great weather. Go Beach!
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
A complete online application shall be submitted electronically only at http://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/CSULB.
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the semi-finalist stage)
- Research/Scholarly Interests Statement
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
All application materials shall be submitted electronically at http://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/CSULB
Requests for information and process should be addressed to:
Dr. Will Murray, Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-1001
(562) 985-8008 or Email: email@example.com
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/. Click or tap if you trust this link." href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3613336&targetURL=https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalstate.policystat.com%2Fpolicy%2F9779821%2Flatest%2F&data=04%7C01%7CCatherine.Light%40csulb.edu%7Ca97f037a18254b2d7aaf08d9a2f3ccd7%7Cd175679bacd34644be82af041982977a%7C0%7C0%7C637719990253768273%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=x%2FssSWPU79Zsua9mscL47uEVKOTRjZoGoZEI79urdVU%3D&reserved=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*** ATTENTION ***
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/520477/assistant-professor-of-applied-mathematicsstatistics-only-apply-httpwwwmathjobsorgjobscsulb
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-b80047f27d04994ca026c8161a0953ab