This ad is expired.
CUSTODIAN SR - SILICON VALLEY
Location: Silicon Valley
Job ID: 37973
Work in Santa Clara, the Heart of Silicon Valley as an employee of University of California Santa Cruz!
Location: UCSC SILICON VALLEY CAMPUS, 3175 BOWERS AVE. SANTA CLARA, CA, 95054.
The incumbent performs cleaning duties in offices, working stations, classrooms, computer laboratories, conference rooms, and/or other designated common areas. Also responsible for cleaning, recycling bottles and cans, mix paper, compostable, and general maintenance duties in the restrooms, shower rooms, breakrooms, lounges, hallways and/or other public areas of the campus building.
Check out the job description!
If this position sparks your interest, please apply now!
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 07-13-2022
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Under direct supervision, the incumbent performs cleaning duties in offices, working stations, classrooms, computer laboratories, conference rooms, and/or other designated common areas the UCSC SILICON VALLEY CAMPUS, 3175 BOWERS AVE. SANTA CLARA, CA, 95054. Responsible for cleaning, recycling bottles and cans, mix paper, compostable, and general maintenance duties in the restrooms, shower rooms, breakrooms, lounges, hallways and/or other public areas of the campus building, individually or as part of a team, in performing custodial functions.
Work location: 3175 BOWERS AVE. SANTA CLARA, CA 95054
More information can be found here: www.ucsc-extension.edu
Salary Information: Salary Range: $22.69 - $24.56 / Hourly. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri, and occasional Saturdays
- Shift Includes: Days, Evenings, Nights
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: University Extension, Silicon Valley
Union Representation: SX
Job Code Classification: 005116 (CUSTODIAN SR)
Travel: Never or Rarely
100% - General Daily Cleaning
- Maintain hallways, stairway corridors, stairs, lounges, outside steps, terraces and entrances; sweep, mop, scrub, dust, clean and/or vacuum carpets, window sills and wash glass and trim on entrance doors.
- Clean and disinfect restroom and shower room daily; fixtures, air vents, shower curtains, drains and unstop minor drain stoppages. Replenish restroom supplies, dispose of trash utilizing a variety of cleaning solutions and supplies.
- Empty waste, recycling, mixed paper, and compost receptacles.
- Keep custodial supply closets in a clean and stocked condition. Report items that need repair.
- Rearrange or move furniture as needed to complete custodial duties, supplies and miscellaneous equipment, as directed.
- May be required to work as a team member in other areas to meet operational needs.
- Dilute cleaning compounds according to directions indicated on labels. Read and understand information and warning signs.
- Periodic Cleaning
- Clean woodwork, light fixtures, venetian blinds, radiators, grills, ducts, walls, blackboards, washing machines, dryers and other types of equipment. Wax and/or polish furniture.
- Spot clean carpets, upholstered furniture, draperies and other designated materials.
- May interact with campus staff/visitors regarding assigned duties.
- Building Security and Other
- Lock and unlock buildings according to written instructions. Carry out emergency procedures (communicating with Fire and Police personnel) in the event of an emergency, and evacuate from buildings in the event of fire or other disaster.
- Safe handling of chemicals and safe use of chemicals and supplies. Properly use cleaning compounds according to directions indicated on labels. Read and understand chemical safety information and warning signs.
- Participate in staff safety training as determined by the unit
- All UCSC employees must know and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
- Knowledge of, and ability to properly operate and safely use custodial equipment, including but not limited to a vacuum cleaner, floor scrubber and polisher.
- Knowledge of procedures related to building safety. Knowledge of proper and safe use of custodial equipment, chemicals, tools, etc.
- Interpersonal and communications skills to interact effectively with fellow staff and a diverse campus population. Ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with a diverse group of individuals at all levels of the organization directly or indirectly involved with task and work assignments.
- Ability to be part of a team and foster teamwork by maintaining a corporate atmosphere and effective working relationships with a diverse population from various cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work without close supervision. Ability to follow through and carry out assignments.
- Ability to work effectively in a service-oriented environment with changing priorities and interruptions. Ability to provide pleasant, efficient service to the campus. Ability to commit to high ethical standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate and follow oral and written instructions and read manuals that are written in English.
- Skilled in prioritizing workload to meet daily schedule. Ability to accommodate changing priorities and complete tasks despite intermittent interruptions.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Ability to read signs and follow directions on labels that are written in English as well as ability to read and understand Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) and the proper use of chemical compounds.
- Ability to safeguard keys that have been issued, which are necessary for assigned areas.
- Ability to safely move materials weighing up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Ability to perform essential custodial duties requiring bending, stooping, walking, carrying, reaching, performing work that requires repetitive motions, moving, and climbing stairs or ladders.
- Ability to perform manual work including dumping large bags of trash into dumpsters, transporting supplies, furniture, and equipment (vacuum cleaners, mop buckets, cases of custodial supplies).
- Ability to maintain acceptable work habits, punctuality, and regularity of attendance; ability to arrive at and leave work on time, observe break and lunch periods.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency