This ad is expired.
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 509291
Work type: Auxiliary
Categories: Excluded, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time
About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We're responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, "non-exempt", benefited position through 6/30/2022 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour.
The California Arts Project (TCAP) is one of the nine California Subject Matter Projects. TCAP's leadership and development center, statewide office, is located on the campus of CSU San Bernardino. TCAP coordinates, funds, and collaborates a California statewide network of regional sites located on other universities. As the California State Subject Matter Project for the visual, media, performing, and career arts, TCAP's network is united in the mission of promoting standards based, equitable, and inclusive arts education for each and every California student.
TCAP's collaborative, statewide network of teachers and university scholars share the singular goal of expanding student access to and improving student artistic literacy development in dance, media arts, music, theatre, visual, and career arts. TCAP does this through designing and providing comprehensive, discipline-focused professional learning for educators, building educator leadership, and creating and nurturing collaborative networks of TK-12 educators and university faculty. TCAP partners with school and district educators to create and tailor professional learning programs and support for local priorities, needs, initiatives, and interests of students and communities.
The California Subject Matter Project, CSMP, community, founded in 1988, engages together in statewide CSMP efforts as well as cross-project initiatives. TCAP statewide office coordinates TCAP's engagement in these activities. The TCAP statewide office is accountable for the funding, development, research, and accountability of the TCAP network of regional sites. TCAP works closely with the California Department of Education to support arts education within California.
Up to 30 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning 1/4/2022.
Under the supervision of the TCAP Executive Director, TCAP's Program Coordinator performs a wide range of duties to support the day-to-day administrative, fiscal, programming, and office support functions of the TCAP statewide network. Specifically, the Program Coordinator will:
- Manage the central TCAP office and perform a variety of clerical tasks including inputting various types of data on computer, related fiscal duties, filing, copying, answering the telephone/email/social media, greeting visitors, coordinating with TCAP's regional sites and UCOP, and running errands on campus.
- Handling the processing of personnel including recruiting, hiring, timesheets, and separation.
- Manage and provide oversight and reconciliation of TCAP's central budgets and multiple individual TCAP project budgets.
- Monitor grant expenditures and budget, including overseeing disbursement and record keeping for sub-awards to partners; creating purchase orders for or ordering project supplies, ensuring that appropriate reimbursement occurs
- Work with UEC to ensure appointment/payment for vendors, Teacher Leaders, and personnel.
- Assist in the processing of TCAP regional site proposals, program accountability data, and preparing TCAP network reports for CSMP/UCOP and others.
- Assist in the update and revisions of project reports; perform follow-up communication with project members regarding project action items; prepare, assemble, and distribute project materials; and maintain project files.
- Assist in documenting and preparing TCAP's quarterly reports and annual reports.
- Welcoming and directing visitors; providing general information to prospective clients.
- Assist TCAP Executive Director with the coordination of all statewide program activities.
- Participate in the planning, coordination, and execution of special events or programs.
- Assist the TCAP Executive Director with Annual Reports.
- Assist regional and statewide teams in communication and marketing of programs, including maintaining the TCAP website and social media.
- Provide general supervision and complete performance evaluations for TCAP student assistants.
- Process TCAP purchases, program, travel, and personnel expenses, as well as purchases for TCAP related projects.
- Field routine inquiries and explain TCAP's mission, policies and procedures to educators, faculty, staff, and the general public
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree
Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in general office clerical work and communicating with educational personnel and institutions. Knowledge of the CSUSB campus. Applicants must have experience with Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Survey Monkey, Word Press, Facebook, Constant Contact, Adobe, Illustrator/Photoshop, CSMP ADMIN, Zoom, and Google Suite Applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Applicants must have experience with planning, preparing, and coordinating events and professional learning on campuses, within districts, other campuses across the state, and in hotels or other venues. Experience managing and reporting on budgets, databases, web-based social media, website, and communications. Experience with working with regional directors, educators, and other diverse groups. Experience with the UEC forms and practices, and have knowledge of TCAP / CSMP office methods, procedures, and practice. Experience with TCAP related programs and initiatives.
Applicants must possess excellent oral and written skills. Applicants must have the ability to provide and follow directions, take initiative, be flexible, work within team settings, have the ability to multi-task, make decisions on a day-to-day basis, be reliable, punctual, responsible, and have effective organizational and planning skills. Applicants must have excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, helpful, professional attitude. Applicants must have the ability to handle sensitive interactions/situations and confidential information, along with the ability to work with diverse populations, communicate with professionals in the TK- postsecondary educational systems, and work well with a team of support staff, teacher leaders, and regional directors.
Applicants with knowledge of the goals and guiding documents of CA's arts education, understanding the purpose of professional learning for educators, and knowledge of CA's K-12 educational system is preferred. Ability to meet deadlines and respond to urgent unexpected requests in a positive, timely manner.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
CSU policy requires all faculty, staff and students (on or off campus) to be immunized (i.e. vaccinated) against the virus that causes COVID-19.
As part of the campus community, CSUSB requires all UEC employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or present a medical or religious exemption and any appropriate back up documentation. Fully vaccinated is defined as having the last immunization shot at least 14 days prior to the date being evaluated. Current and new employees of UEC are required to adhere to this policy by September 20, 2021 and remain in adherence after that date. All employees are also required to submit a daily health screen to access any on or off campus location.
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-0a056b06bdd63441a76f2ae683fe41aa